At some point after I started knitting again I decided that I would knit a blanket for any close friends having a baby. Having just found out that a very close friend is pregnant, I couldn’t resist browsing Ravelry for possible patterns.And of course, once I had found a pattern I had to cast on immediately. When I find a pattern I’m very excited about I have no patience. Chevron patterns are very popular at the moment, and it turns out it’s a very easy effect to create just using increases and decreases. So here is my Baby Baby Blanket.
As my friend won’t be finding out in advance whether she’s having a boy or a girl (and I don’t like the traditional pink/blue anyway) I decided to go for some really bright, but gender-neutral, colours. I also wanted something soft and machine washable so cotton was a perfect choice. I decided on Katia Mali as the colours are so vibrant, and it’s relatively cheap so didn’t break the bank. When knitting something as large as a blanket the cost can soon add up.
I chose two balls each of beige, bright blue, yellow, coral and one of green. I actually don’t like the green in the blanket, so I only used one ball of it. Each ball produced about 22 rows so each stripe is 22 rows long. I really love the result, although I’ll have to wait a few months to meet the recipient.
**This is my 99th post, eek. To celebrate my 100th post I’m having a knitty giveaway, so be sure to check back Saturday morning for details**